Monday, November 24, 2008

Like A Fortune Cookie Fortune

That's exactly what rehearsal is for me. A fortune cookie fortune. No matter how crazy the fortune, how silly, or how random, that's what it is. The majority of my day is like the cookie itself. Mundane, bland (rather like cheap vanilla flavoring), and predictable. I spend all day chewing through the cookie, making sure not to peek at my fortune (an old superstition of mine. Eat the cookie first to ensure the fortune will come true). Then I finally head to rehearsal, my long awaited fortune. So, what brought on this metaphor? I was talking to Andrew when I showed him the fortune in my pocket. And well, it spawned a little metaphor in the back of my head.

So, tonight's fortune was, as always, so much fun. Jan's continuing to learn her lines (you're doing a great job, Jan!), and continuing to give Pinella life. FYI, I hope the serpent staff gets used. Dress it up with silver garland, or something, because it looks too fabulous to pass up! speaking of lines, Kate, my spirit buddy, I told you you could get that one line. t-o-l-d you. Don't sweat it :3
The scenes in the home are coming along fantastically well. They're my favorite scenes in the entire play! They're acting so much like a family... it makes me a little sad that I was cast as a spirit. As much as I am a friend to them, I'll never truly be a part of their little family, just as they won't even truly be a part of the Pinella/Spirit family. The positive? I get to watch the families interact! Let me tell you, by the time we get lights and costumes everything is going to be fabulous. I'm lovin' how the story looks now, and with lights/costumes, to diiiie for!
Claudia forgot the CD tonight, so all sounds had to be voiced. Laurie, who has been reading all the voices of the missing actors, is a stitch. Tonight she was singing the songs that needed to be sung, fetching props, giving lines... You go Laurie!

Oh... did I mention that we have space now? Well....WE DO! 8D omgomgomgomg SPACE! My capture scene no longer takes place smushed up against the cabin! WE HAVE ROOM! Is it obvious that I'm excited? I'd happy dance, but I'd spill my cocoa. Good-bye orchestra pit, Hello acting room!

I'm afraid my muse has cooled, just like how my hot cocoa. So, I look forward to writing more about rehearsals tomorrow, and shall resign myself to awaiting Kate's entry before heading to bed.

Ciao 'til later!
-Brianna

No comments: